DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, January 28, 2008

Our Beloved Prophet


I am sure that everyone has mixed feelings about the passing of our Prophet Gordon B. Hinkley. I know he will be greatly missed but there is a part of me that is happy for him to be with his sweet wife.
We were on our way home from the "It's great to be 8 fireside"(Which was fabulous thanks guys!) when I checked my phone and heard the sad news. Rilee said, "But he is so sweet! I just wanted to give him a hug, and I never even got to shake his hand. I can't wait to see him in heaven and now he can look out for us from heaven. " I love to see things through children's eyes. I think that is part of why I love Primary so much.
We also had our ward conference on Sunday. As intimidating as it is to have the Stake leaders there they are so wonderful. It made us all feel so good to have them say that they were impressed with the reverence of our kids. We love those primary kids and I have to say I have the best counselors and secretary ever! (thanks guys for everything!)

2 comments:

Alli Easley said...

Agreed, it's bittersweet. He will be missed.

-KJ said...

I love that picture. So funny that he would just carry his cane instead of use it! I love him!!! Bittersweet is definitely the best word to describe it.